Thursday, April 29, 2010

frayed

Yesterday was interesting. I always know that I'm in a (relatively) good place when I am able to maintain the position of Observer to my own drama and to study my upsets with curiosity.

I made a decision, while of sound mind and body (again, relatively), to blow off studying this month in favor of internship search, extracurricular work, and a much needed return to sanity.

As a result, yesterday's macroeconomics exam was something of a shit show (to use V's new favorite expression). I crammed the day before, and learned that cramming does not serve me.

Crucial but overlooked for the last few days is the fact that running saves me. B. asked, "What do you do to unplug and reset?" to which I glumly replied, "I don't know." Well, I do know. I had just forgotten.

Running allows the frayed and splintered ends of my day to float to the surface where I can examine each, and smooth it, from a balanced state of mind. By the time I am home again, every seeming crisis and strain has been reviewed and filed, each given the appropriate amount of space on the landscape of my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment