Sunday, June 13, 2010

utility

A lot of things have a purpose though you may have to look hard for it.... I save a lot of stuff. I simply hate throwing things away unless I absolutely have to.

The little plastic clamps on the Iggy's bread bags, for example. They've been piling up in my kitchen drawer and last week, I figured out their purpose: they fasten the plastic tarp around my bike so it doesn't blow off in a rainstorm.

I love that.

The same is true for experiences. Looking hard, I can find the purpose in every one of my experiences. If I don't have to, I don't want to throw any away. Every lame boyfriend I ever had was a lesson drawing me closer to Cristiano. Every job-- no matter how mundane or ill-suited-- a patch on the quilt of my career.

Peace is figuring out how to embrace it all. Even the wars. Even the oil spills.

I'm still working on the big stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment