Monday, April 19, 2010

Rachel's Frabjous Staycation

Sun or rain, it did not matter. This long weekend made for a marvelous staycation. It just may have realigned me.

A. recommended the staycation. No airfare or luggage to cope with. Just instant life-evacuation.

I was seriously off my rocker last week and cranky as all get-out. Drank beers Friday and carried on, sang karaoke Saturday and was hugged repeatedly. Sat in church on Sunday listening to the dulcet tones of Reverend Dave. Bonded with my girl Jia-Rui (she is a treasure) on the phone.

Today has largely been spent on my duff, but I have luxuriated in it and spent very little time chastising myself for my sloth. I did run, so I'm not complete oatmeal now, but I've been lounging around and, in the process, feeling back in my body and in my right head and in my creative juices. It has been too long! I've been silly strung for ages.

To close, a few lines of Mary Oliver because I love her so...

You do not have to be good.

You do not have to walk on your knees

for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.

You only have to let the soft animal of your body

love what it loves.



No comments:

Post a Comment